The Mineralogical Record
The Mineralogical Record - Join us on Facebook!  The Mineralogical Record - Sign up for our newsletter

Museum of the Belgian Congo
(1898-    )

The Musée du Congo Belge was founded in 1898 by Belgian King Leopold II. Originally called the Musée du Congo, it became the Musée du Congo Belge in 1908, and was renamed the Musée Royal de l'Afrique Centrale in 1960. Located in Tervuren, Belgium, it houses a substantial collection of over 14,000 mineral specimens and 150,000 rock samples. Specialties include minerals (inclusing radioactive species) from Central Africa, particularly Zaire and Rwanda.

Reference:
PETERSEN, O.V. et al. (1994) World Directory of Mineral Collections. Mineralogical Record, Tucson, p.47.
To contribute more information please E-mail us at: minrecord@comcast.net

[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2017)
Mineralogical Record
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.
Number of labels found: 1 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 1

The Mineralogical Record - Museum of the Belgian Congo 35 x 67 mm
Contents copyright © 2017 The Mineralogical Record, Inc. All rights reserved.  
Graphic design of this website by Wendell E. Wilson. Website programming by ASPConnections.net