The Mineralogical Record
The Mineralogical Record - Join us on Facebook!  The Mineralogical Record - Sign up for our newsletter

John More Gordon
(1849-1922)

The Reverend John More Gordon (1849-1922) was the vicar of St. Johns, Redhill, Surrey. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Microscopical Society in 1884, and for over 30 years, was also a member of the Swiss Alpine Club. He became an expert collector of Alpine minerals and built a particularly fine collection of Swiss minerals which he bequeathed to the British Museum in 1922. In 1906 he started building a mineral collection in memory of his grandfather, Harry Gordon. This collection was presented in 1922 to Aberdeen University Museum and was named the "Harry Gordon Collection."
To contribute more information please E-mail us at: minrecord@comcast.net

[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2017)
Mineralogical Record
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
Contents copyright © 2017 The Mineralogical Record, Inc. All rights reserved.  
Graphic design of this website by Wendell E. Wilson. Website programming by ASPConnections.net