Bern Museum of Natural History
The Natural History Museum of Bern, Switzerland was founded in 1832, though portions of the collection acquired from the Bern Library date back as far as 1721. The most important contributions to the collection were made by Gabriel Albrecht von Erlach (1739-1802), Friedrich Burki-Marcuard (1819-1880), Anton Gottlieb Simon (1780-1855) and Edmund von Fellenberg (1838-1902). Today the museum houses over 50,000 mineral specimens, particulary Alpine fissure minerals from the Swiss Alps, minerals from the Lengenbach quarry, and specimens from early Swiss mines and prospects.
PETERSEN, O. V., et al. (1994) World Directory of Mineral Collections. Mineralogical Record, Tucson.
please E-mail us at:
[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2017)
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
|Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.|
Number of labels found: 2 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 2
||38 x 60 mm|
||37 x 59 mm|