The Mineralogical Record
The Mineralogical Record - Join us on Facebook!  The Mineralogical Record - Sign up for our newsletter

 Moravian Museum
(1818-    )

The Moravia Museum, originally called the Museum Francisceum Brunae, was founded in Brno, Czech Republic, in 1818. At that time Brno was the capitol of the country of Moravia. The mineral collection was based on the donation of the collections of four Moravian noblemen: Count Johann Nepomuk Mitrovský (1757-1799), Count Serénye, Count Salm and Prince Lichtenstein. In the 20th century the collections of F. Kretschmer and Dr. J. Bakeš, E. Burkart, B. Kučera, Gusaf Švancara and Tomas Kruťa were added. The museum today houses over 145,000 mineral specimens.

Reference:
PETERSEN, O. V. (1994) World Directory of Mineral Collections. Mineralogical Record, Tucson, p. 75.
To contribute more information please E-mail us at: minrecord@comcast.net

[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2017)
Mineralogical Record
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.
Number of labels found: 5 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 5

The Mineralogical Record -  Moravian Museum 62 x 85 mm
The Mineralogical Record -  Moravian Museum 56 x 77 mm,
Label for a specimen from the Dr. Tomasz Kruta collection.
The Mineralogical Record -  Moravian Museum 68 x 87 mm,
Label for a specimen from the Dr. Tomasz Kruťa collection.
The Mineralogical Record -  Moravian Museum 55 x 77 mm,
A label for a specimen from the Gustav Švancara collection.
The Mineralogical Record -  Moravian Museum 60 x 85 mm,
Label for a specimen from the Josef Stanĕk collection.
Contents copyright © 2017 The Mineralogical Record, Inc. All rights reserved.  
Graphic design of this website by Wendell E. Wilson. Website programming by ASPConnections.net