The Mineralogical Record
The Mineralogical Record - Join us on Facebook!  The Mineralogical Record - Sign up for our newsletter

 Allegheny College
(1817-    )

Allegheny College was founded in Meadville, Pennsylvania in 1817; the first classes were taught in a log cabin. Little is known regarding the origin of the mineral collection, but in 1865 the school acquired the collection of mineralogist and author Francis Alger (1807-1863), at which time there were only three curricula: Classical, Scientific, and Biblical. The college is today a thriving institution with a active geology program.
To contribute more information please E-mail us at: minrecord@comcast.net

[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2017)
Mineralogical Record
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.
Number of labels found: 3 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 3

The Mineralogical Record -  Allegheny College 25 x 80 mm
An exhibit label for a specimen from the collection of Francis Alger, acquired in 1865.
The Mineralogical Record -  Allegheny College 32 x 70 mm
The Mineralogical Record -  Allegheny College 26 x 76
Contents copyright © 2017 The Mineralogical Record, Inc. All rights reserved.  
Graphic design of this website by Wendell E. Wilson. Website programming by ASPConnections.net