The original Åbo Academy was founded in the primarily Swedish-speaking city of Åbo, Turku, Finland in 1640, but was moved to Helsinki in 1827, where it eventually became the University of Helsinki. The Åbo Academy was re-established by wealthy private patrons as a private institution in the city of Åbo in 1918. Today the Åbo Academy remains a thriving institution serving about 8,000 Swedish-speaking students. The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences offers study programs leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Licentiate and Doctor of Philosophy in biochemistry, biology, biosciences, physics, geology, data processing, chemistry, and mathematics. The Departments of Computer Science, Biological Sciences and Pharmacy are located in the Turku Science Park with the exception of the Department of Environmental Biology, which, together with the Departments of Geology and Mineralogy, are located in the same block as the main building of Åbo Academy.
please E-mail us at:
[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2017)
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
|Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.|
Number of labels found: 1 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 1
||69 x 108 mm|