The Mineralogical Record
The Mineralogical Record - Join us on Facebook!  The Mineralogical Record - Sign up for our newsletter

Anton Franz Abraham
(ca.1850->1926)

Anton Franz Abraham was a mineral dealer in Vienna, Austria. He started in business with his partner, Clemens Hartwich, as the "Naturhistorisches Institut" on Beatrixgasse at least as early as 1896, and they moved to new quarters on Ungargasse in 1903-1906. At some time after 1906 Hartwick left the partnership and Abraham operated thereafter under his own name, still at the Ungargasse location, as a "preparator and dealer in educational materials." In 1910-1912 he proudly listed himself as a supplier of specimens to His Royal Imperial Highness Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, who possessed a rich natural history collection. (The Archduke's collection went to the Vienna Natural History Museum following his death in 1914.) Abraham was in business, dealing in "antiquities," at least as late as 1926.

Reference:
FITZ, O. (1993) Eine Sammlung erzählt / Beitrag zu Inhalt und Geschichte der Mineralien- und Gesteinssammlung an der Abteilung Baugeologie des Institutes für Bodenforschung und Baugeologie, Universität für Bodenkultur Wien. Mitteilungen des Institutes für Bodenforschung und Baugeologie, Abteilung Baugeologie, Universität für Bodenkultur Wien, Sonderheft 1, 80 p.
To contribute more information please E-mail us at: minrecord@comcast.net

[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2017)
Mineralogical Record
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.
Number of labels found: 4 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 4

The Mineralogical Record - Anton Franz Abraham 40 x 63 mm
The Mineralogical Record - Anton Franz Abraham 41 x 61 mm
The Mineralogical Record - Anton Franz Abraham 42 x 60 mm
(Simone & Peter Huber collection)
The Mineralogical Record - Anton Franz Abraham 42 x 60 mm
(Simone & Peter Huber collection)
Contents copyright © 2017 The Mineralogical Record, Inc. All rights reserved.  
Graphic design of this website by Wendell E. Wilson. Website programming by ASPConnections.net