The Mineralogical Record
The Mineralogical Record - Join us on Facebook!  The Mineralogical Record - Sign up for our newsletter

 Turin University
(1404-    )

Mineralogical Museum of the University of Turin (UniversitÓ degli Studi di Torino). The university, located in the city of Turin in the Piedmont region of north-western Italy, is one of the most traditional and prestigious universities in Italy and Europe, currently consisting of 12 faculties and 55 departments. The university was founded as a "studium" in 1404, under the initiative of Prince Ludovico di Savoia. From 1427 to 1436 the seat of the university was transferred to Chieri and Savigliano. It was closed in 1536, but was reestablished by Duke Emanuele Filiberto, and began to attain its modern shape following the model of the University of Bologna. The University of Turin became a new reference model for many other universities. During the 18th century, the University faced an enormous growth in faculty and endowment size, becoming one of the most prestigious universities in Italy
To contribute more information please E-mail us at: minrecord@comcast.net

[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2017)
Mineralogical Record
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.
Number of labels found: 1 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 1

The Mineralogical Record -  Turin University Mineralogical Museum of the University of Turin
Contents copyright © 2017 The Mineralogical Record, Inc. All rights reserved.  
Graphic design of this website by Wendell E. Wilson. Website programming by ASPConnections.net